Mar 30, 2009

Finding family on Facebook

This post is not technically about genealogy. However, I've been using Facebook for a couple months now, and I've been able to connect with a lot of family members who I haven't seen in years. It's also put me in touch with some high school friends, and friends of friends. There is even a group called "Frothingham, It's not that hard to spell, just sound it out." Most of my genealogy research up to now has been "digging up dead people", so it's fun to get in touch with my living relatives for a change. If you haven't tried Facebook, it's easy and fun. Best of all, it's free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heck, it's put me in touch with people I'd completely forgotten about. Still, I can't help but wonder what the next great thing will be. A couple years ago it was MySpace, now it's Facebook ... what'll it be next year?